I’ve been working on some wooden steps. We saved a lot of pallets from a skip at the construction site of the Hilton hotel behind our house, and thought it would be nice to cover the tiles.
The first job was breaking them up and removing the nails. Next I ran them through an old soviet planer to smooth them, but not so much that they lost their patina.
Next I used a broken mitre saw (the switch was a little dodgy, meaning constant plugging/unplugging, nothing too dangerous) to practice cutting angles.
These were then glued to the chip board that I had laid earlier. Peeter and Agnes also filled the gaps and lacquered them for us after we left travelling.